Gear up for GATE 2017!!
GATE is a national level examination conducted for those candidates who have completed their B.E., B.Tech, B.Sc, B.Arch and B.Pharm bachelor’s degree and wanted to take admission in postgraduate M.Tech courses. In 2017, the total number of candidates that are appearing for GATE examination will be 8 to 11 lakhs. GATE exam is one of the toughest exams with very less success rate.
The GATE examination is scheduled to be conducted on 4, 5 and 11, 12 February, 2017. The result of the examination is announced on March 27, 2017. GATE score card is accepted by various IITs, NITs, and IISc institutes. Candidates are required to check their eligibility criteria before start filling online application form.
GATE is an examination conducted through online mode only. The time duration to complete an examination is 3 hours. The paper is comprised of two sections i.e. General Aptitude and Subject Specific paper. Candidates who qualify the examination will be called for counselling. For every correct answer, candidates are awarded by 1 or 2 marks depend on their questions weight age.
Image Source: Pixabay
GATE 2017: Important Topics
GATE examination is one of the toughest exams which require constant hard work to crack the examination. To crack the examination candidates, need to make proper study plan and strategy. The paper is comprised of two sections i.e. General Aptitude and Subject Specific paper. General Aptitude questions are based on verbal ability and numerical ability. So, the topics of General Ability section are as follows:
|Verbal Ability||English Grammar|
|Numerical Ability||Numerical Computation|
GATE 2017: Preparation Tips
Candidates do not worry about GATE preparation anymore. By following some preparation tips candidates can achieve a good rank in GATE 2017 exam:
- Checkout the latest GATE syllabus: Before start GATE preparation candidates should first checkout the latest syllabus and prepare each and every single topic carefully. Candidates should also highlight the important topic of previous year GATE paper syllabus.
- Revise previous year papers: Candidates should start practice solving previous year papers at home. Candidates must solve at least 10 previous year paper of GATE. By solving these papers candidates can easily identify examination pattern and difficulty level of questions.
- Read Books for GATE preparation: Candidates should read books written by highly experienced professors. Books of some standard publications are Tata McGraw-Hill, Prentice-Hall of India, Wiley etc. Candidates should read at least one book apart from study material. They can also read books that candidates follow during their bachelor’s.
- Make GATE preparation Plan: Candidates should start GATE 2017 preparation as soon as possible. Candidates are advised to make a proper time table and do their daily tasks. Candidates should make a plan in such a way that they are eligible to practice mock tests and also do a revision.
- Keep a copy of GATE syllabus: Candidates should always keep a copy of GATE syllabus with them because many of the times candidates ignore important topics while preparing GATE which affects the candidates rank in GATE examination.
- Solve Theoretical and Numerical problems: GATE examination is comprised of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and Numerical Answer type questions. So, candidates are advised to prepare well because for every wrong answer marks are deducted.
- Develop good tricks: Candidates should always make tricks to solve questions with more accuracy and speed. So candidates need to practice as much time as possible. For making tricks candidates need to study continuously for hours with concentration.
- Practice Mock tests: Mock tests are very important part of preparation. Because mock tests help in managing time in the examination hall but it can only be possible if you practice them on regular intervals. Candidates can also practise attempting online mock tests.
- Evaluate Yourself: Candidates should evaluate themselves on regular basis like what they have studied in last six days or six months.
- Make last minute strategy: Candidates are advised not to read any new topic during last days. They should focus on the topics which they have already studied. Candidates should also ready with their admit card before the examination day.
- Time Management: Time management is important in the preparation of examination. Candidates should make time table in such a way that they prepare all the subjects and topics.
- Maintain Health: With the exam, preparation candidates should also take care of their health. Candidates can only prepare well if they stay healthy. Candidates should sleep at least 8 hours a day for mind relaxation.
- Revision: Candidates should complete their syllabus on time so that they get enough time to revise also. Because revision is also very important before going for examination to recall the things.