“The Favorite” Among Knife Collectors
For serious knife collectors, there is nothing like a Chris Reeve knife. These really are the apex of production knife perfection. There is no better folding knife than one by Chris Reeve – it is the ultimate in folding knives.
The Sebenza was the first folding knife that adopted a small, simple frame lock, and this knife is manufactured to such tight tolerances that it rivals those of the aerospace industry.
The Sebenza comes in Series 21 and Series 25.
Chris Reeve Large Sebenza 21 Knife (3.625”)
The Sebenza Series has always been a favorite of knife collectors. Even though this knife is a folding knife, it feels like a fixed blade when open, due to the solid frame lock. This knife is smooth in your hand, even though it has durability to last a lifetime. This knife is easy to operate, at the same time it is elegant and comfortable. This is an absolute must-have for all knife-collectors.
Large Sebenza 21 Specifications:
Overall Length: 8.335”
Blade Length: 3.625”
Blade Thickness: 0.125”
Blade Material: CPM-S35VN
Hardness: 58-59 RC
Lock Type: Frame Lock
User: Right-hand or Left-hand
Best Use: Everyday Carry
Made in the USA
Knife enthusiasts have nothing but the highest compliments to shower on this Series 21 Sebenza knife. It doesn’t matter if you own a few knives, hundreds, or have yet to pick up the knife collecting bug, everyone says the same thing – a Chris Reeve Series 21 knife is the finest in their collection.
What catches the eye of a discerning collector is the excellence of the manufacturing. Knives feel heavy, but not bulky, which means the weight signifies reliability and quality second-to-none.
Chris Reeve Large Sebenza 25 Knife
Then, of course, there is the Series 25 Sebenza. This knife is a more substantial knife than the Sebenza 21, and some say has its own attitude. Any way you look at it, it’s a great follow-up to its predecessor in the Series 21 Sebenza.
Large Sebenza 25 Specifications:
- Blade Material: CPM S35VN Stainless Steel
- Blade Hardness: 58-59 RC
- Blade Length: 3.625” (92mm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.140” (3.56 mm)
- Handle Length: 4.71” (147.64 mm)
- Overall Length: 8.335” (212 mm)
- Weight: 5.2 oz. (145g)
- Handcrafted in the USA
Features of the Series 25 Sebenza Large Knife:
- Features a Large Hollow Grind Technology (first of its kind that blends hollow and flat grinds);
- Additional stability built in by a shaped phosphor bronze washer on the lock side of the blade;
- Large perforations in the washers reduce friction, store more lubricant, and offer space for dirt particles to move away from the blade and washer;
- 416 Heat treated stainless steel stop pin; and
- The blade at 0.140” is a more robust blade than previous Sebenza models.
Knife enthusiasts will tell you they love the feel and handle of the Series 25 Sebenza. They also like the idea that it’s a folding knife, but feels exactly like a fixed blade. This knife is top of the line in every way, according to review after review.
If you are looking for the best in simplicity and function for your knife collection, there is nothing like a Chris Reeve Large Sebenza knife. Do yourself a favor and find out for yourself!