Mobile professionals perform tasks under different work conditions from those that stationary employees encounter inside the comforts of well-equipped offices. It is true that mobile devices now allow road-bound pros the same high-tech telecom conveniences indoor office workers enjoy. This can never compare, however, to the challenges that mobile pros face especially when working outdoors where quick thinking and the knowledge of practical solutions are vital in accomplishing tasks efficiently.
Mobile pros are always on the go and prefer to work at a much faster pace than most stationary office employees. They are most likely to access online information with a strong bias for quick and ready accessibility. Long waits are sure to irk them and too much dilly-dallying tend to tick them off since such workers view all sorts of delays as nothing more than time-wasters. Most of the “deskwork” they do happen in hotel rooms, café tables, car or airplane seats, airports, subways, train stations, and the like. Everything they do, they do on a click-and-run mode.
Nobody’s perfect, however. Mobile pros can be ready to do anything and everything possible to be efficient, yet there will be times when quick information about time zones, money matters, background research, personal needs, or even the need to make inquiry calls can stop them in their tracks.
If you’re one such mobile professional prone to such experiences, it’s time for you to end all this misery associated with all such hassles. There are companies out there who can make your mobile employee work processes simpler and more efficient. These companies have websites and you can pay them a visit. Help yourself with all the helpful information and the services they can render for consumers and road-bound people like you. Below are some of them you may consider:
- What Time Is It There and TimeZone Check. Time zone differences affect business hours and certain work processes dependent on varying locations. If you are dealing with customers or contacts from remote areas like retailers and distributors; scheduling payments via banks from another time zone; or need to confidently make inquiry calls while aware of work hours in a far-off area using RingCentral tollfree numbers, it helps to be knowledge-based. What Time Is It There is a site that visually displays United States time zones via mapped area depictions. TimeZone Check on the other hand, covers much wider ground as it displays time zones visually on a global scale and is a bit more interactive than What Time Is It There.
- QwickUp For some people, Google will do. If you want to go search much faster, you can try QwickUp. Look up information from several sources and choose which ones you prefer. No need to create an account. Simply click the “gear” button so you can adjust which websites you want to see displayed. Sources are varied and you can choose from Collins, WordNet, Wiktionary, Wikipedia, Longman, Cambridge, Dictionary.com, Translate, TheFreeDict., WordNik, Definitions, Vocabulary, Macmillan, Merriam-Webster, and Forvo. Perfect for quick background information checking needs that always crop up.
- LucyPhone and GetHuman. If you need to make inquiry calls to an 800 number minus the long wait, GetHuman can do the job of doing the standing by for you until your call finally gets to be connected to a human on the other end of the line. The company has partnered with LucyPhone (Let Us Call You) and has taken another step further to address the customer service issue. The service makes the company you are calling call you instead with a click of a button.
- RetailMeNot Being on the road most of the time leaves you with a lot less time to do chores associated with groceries and personal shopping. Save time and money on that bit with RetailMeNot. The website has a coupon code for just about every website you can buy items from. Have them delivered to you conveniently. That’s one trip to the supermarket you don’t have to make today or ever again!
- Mint Manage your budgets, goals, trends and investments online while being alerted of your different account statuses. Alongside your online banking interface, you get more value out of it. Think of Mint.com as your personal finance manager.