For someone who is preparing in the best method possible for an approaching exam like CAT or NEET perhaps, computer based classes was the best option until recently. With the innovations in smartphone technology, mobile devices have prime potential as an educational platform to help students with their studies. Let us see how exactly mobile technology can help in exam preparation compared to our conventional methods of learning.
- Accessibility: Now-a-days, literally everyone has access to a smartphone. Owing to its small size and broad capabilities, anyone who wishes to study can use the mobile device wherever the person might be given it be daily commuting or even running on a treadmill. Thus making education accessible everywhere.
- Memorizing: With 3D animation integrated audio-video classes being available on mobile devices, the brain is able to recall the video topics much easier when compared to the same topic which is read by the student. Consider the example of watching a movie over reading something on paper, you will be able to understand the topic and retain the memory longer in the first case better.
- Engaging content: Unlike our conventional textbook methods with 2D images and dragging theory, what mobile devices bring to the table is an interesting and engaging way of learning and understanding which can keep the students hooked onto the subject. With more interactive audio-video based content being offered to students, it helps them to see and understand what they otherwise would have had to visualize with their imagination what they understood from the 2D images and explanations from their textbooks.
- Improved assessment techniques: Not being limited to just pen and paper now, assessments can be conducted in various interactive ways enabled by touchscreen technology. With adaptive learning techniques being employed wherein the difficulty level of the questions varies according to the students caliber. If the students is performing well, the difficulty level increases further improving the student’s knowledge in the topic. If the student has a hard time solving the problems, then the difficulty level is reduced at first and increased when the student’s performance is better.
- Global collaboration: With the internet’s involvement in all of this, with online blogs and forums, students can come together collectively to discuss any topic with anyone from anywhere in the world.
Thus the points stated above signify the obvious, how mobile technology can be used for effective exam preparation. To get an idea how this can help yourself to prepare for your exams like CAT, NEET, JEE main and more, check out our youtube channel:
or try out Byju’s- the learning app.