I accidentally deleted my photos and some other important documents I had saved on my SD card. Worst of it all, the photos were taken during my graduation ceremony at the university and the documents are projects for a client I am working with. I am just confused not knowing what to do.
Is this you?
If yes, then this article is for you. We will present free deleted file recovery software programs and how to use them to retrieve your deleted photos and documents easily and fast, so you do not have to worry about it.
Every tech user has one point in life gone through the frustrations of losing data; either from a computer hard drive, USB flash drive, digital camera or even a Mac. The best thing is that if you are a Mac user you can get the best data recovery software Mac free out there.
The cause to loss of data are many, for instance, your device could be infected with a virus; it could be a result of hard drive failure or a corrupted card.
In such a situation, your data is not permanently lost from your SD card but is still intact, only that you should stop saving new data on the card immediately to avoid overwriting the lost data.
If this has never happened to you, then read this article to know what you should do immediately you lose photos and documents from your SD card.
Part 1: You will need to download Recoverit Data Recovery software.
Recoverit data recovery software is one of the best programs to help you retrieve your photos from an SD card. This program will retrieve data deleted or lost from SD card whether it is caused by a corrupted or damaged card. Not only does Recoverit help to retrieve photos, but it can also restore emails from SD card, audio, music and more. It is a program that is compatible with Windows 10/8/7, XP and Mac OS.
How to Recover Deleted Files from SD card Using Recoverit.
Head over to the official website of Recoverit it data recovery software and download it free on your computer. If you are using Mac, you need to go to free data recovery software Mac. Once you have downloaded the program install it and run it, then follow the steps below.
- Select a data recovery mode. In this case, select “External Devices Recovery” to start the recovery process.
- Select your SD card: You need to ensure it is connected to the computer. Once you have selected your card, click the “Start” button to initiate the process.
- Scanning- The program will then search the deleted files by scanning your SD card and then display the recoverable files. If the first scan is done and no files were found, you can scan again with the “All-Around Recovery” mode.
The “All-Around Recovery” mode will then perform a deep scan to search for the deleted files from SD card, but this mode takes longer so you will need to be patient.
- Preview and Retrieve Files
Once the program has successfully completed the scanning it will display a list of the recoverable files. Select the files you want and then click the “Recover” to retrieve them.
Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Files from SD Card Using Disk Drill
Disk Drill is also powerful data recovery software to help you recover deleted files from SD card. It can retrieve deleted photos, video, music and more.
- Download Disk Drill free version and install it on your computer.
- Run the program and select your SD card then click “Recover”
- Disk Drill will scan through your SD card and list the recoverable files for you. Select the files you want to retrieve and choose where you want to save them. The program will then retrieve the files for you.
Always save the retrieved files to another location. Saving the files on the same SD card could corrupt them. So, find a safe location to save the recovered files. You can simply save the files to external storage.
That’s it. The two programs are effective, fast and powerful when it comes to restoring deleted files of photos from SD card and other storage devices.
Please let us know the program you use to retrieve deleted files from SD card in the comment section below.